Thursday, February 2, 2012

Pit Sisters



Another great organization I recently came across is Pit Sisters Rescue. It is a non-profit out of Jacksonville, FL dedicated to changing the image and reputation of Pit Bulls. They aim to educate the public about how wonderful these dogs truly are and help them understand that unfortunate and preventable circumstances have led to the bad reputation of these animals.
Tia the Pit Bull

I came across the organization through a local contest where the community can nominate and vote on the amazing accomplishments of businesses, non-profits and so on. I was browsing their website and came across an "avail-a-bull" named Tia! And she is a triPAWd (only has 3 legs)! She's a beautiful dog and I am so glad she found her way into such a great organization.

Of course I voted for Pit Sisters and I plan to support them and their efforts in every possible way I can. Sam is not a pure bred pit, but she certainly has some in her. And she is the most wonderful, brilliant, loving dog ever. I hope organizations like Pit Sisters see mass success in helping people realize that these animals are not the problem. It's the horrible people that take advantage of their intelligence and loyalty, and who do not provide the proper care or training that any dog would need, not just Pit Bulls. In addition to improving their reputation, I look forward to the day when the dog fighting and abuse will end, and those responsible for it, are punished. Kudos and Good Luck Pit Sisters!

4 comments:

  1. Valuable info. Lucky me I found your website unintentionally, and I'm surprised why this twist of fate didn't came about earlier! I bookmarked it.
    Kimble Kimax, Serialized and Certified Pipet, 50mL (Pack of 1)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Glad you found it! Thanks for the comment!

      Delete
  2. Thanks , I've recently been looking for info about this subject for a while and yours is the greatest I've found out till now. But, what concerning the conclusion? Are you certain concerning the source?
    La Canadienne Women's Felicia Boot

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Thanks for your comment. I'm not quite sure I understand your question. Conclusion to what?

      Delete