Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Help Tickled Pink Weimaraner Rescue!



I came across the "Tickled Pink Weimaraner Rescue" on Facebook (check out their page: www.facebook.com/TickledPinkWeimaranerRescue) a couple months ago. I have always loved Weimaraners. Thought of them as very graceful, beautiful and "classy" dogs. Why classy? No clue. Just a dog stereotype I created in my own mind. I am impressed with how innovative Tickled Pink is with how creatively they approach adopting out the dogs in their care. Cute names, themes, and AWESOME photos have kept me engaged and checking their page regularly. The dogs are so gorgeous and I swear if I lived remotely close to New Mexico, I'd be volunteering and adopting from them ever chance I could.

Eeyore
Recently, one of the pups in their care, 10-year-old Eeyore, fell ill and needed surgery as a result of a tumor on his shoulder. In addition to Eeyore, Tickled Pink rescued a sweet girl named Violet who was attacked by other dogs in her VERY OWN FAMILY! Her owners turned their back on her and sent her away at a time when she needed them most. She too has had her leg amputated as a result of the attack. Unfortunately, this is not the first time Violet has faced adversity.

Violet
I share this with the hope that others out there who truly love our fur-iends and canine family members will consider helping Tickled Pink in raising the money to help pay for these two pup's surgery and after care. Every little bit helps. Right now there is only a "Chip-in" set up for Eeyore which is below. When one is set up for Violet, I will post it as well. My hope is that these new TriPAWds will recover quickly and find new loving fur-ever homes that truly will last FUR-EVER.

I applaud the wonderful volunteers, doctors, nurses, etc working to save and care for Eeyore and Violet. I applaud all those out there who love and care for animals in need. If you would like to donate directly to Tickled Pink, visit http://www.weimaranerrescue.org/donate/. THANKS IN ADVANCE!

No comments:

Post a Comment